“Live kindness. Practice gratitude.” is something I have tried to live by, and it is especially needed in the world right now. There are so many little things that you can do every day to spread kindness. Here are just a few I could think of off the top of my head that I’ve done or would like to do this year…
- Write a love letter to a stranger and leave it out in the world.
- Buy clean blankets at the thrift store and hand them out to the homeless.
- Go even further and tuck the blanket in a bag with useful things like socks, toothpaste, water bottles, and maybe a gift card for food somewhere.
- Buy and giveaway a gift card to a used bookstore. It helps small business and promotes reading!
- Mail someone a postcard of a favorite spot from where you live.
- Send a text out of the blue to someone you haven’t talked to in a while and tell them to have a fabulous day!
- Send an UN-birthday card.
- Make a crockpot of chili or spaghetti and take it to the local fire department. Don’t forget cheese and garlic bread!
- Volunteer at a local soup kitchen.
There are a zillion ways to pay it forward. What are some of the ways you will choose to be kind to someone this weekend or next week?
Thank you for being here. Welcome to February!
Guidelines for #ThePowerofaWord project can be found here: