Aside from our pending move, here is a sampling of what is currently going on here at our house/studio. In no order and generally being worked on simultaneously…
Kraft Paper Muse
Our next issue will be Written, which will be released sometime in February, followed by Sustainability in time for Earth Day. Health concerns had things backburnered, so I removed our editorial schedule in order to catch up.
Get GOING (newsletter)
My mantra is all about being Grateful, Ownership of self, living Intentionally, dropping Negativity, and the Goal of reducing everyday stress and worry. If you’d like to join me, scroll down and add your mailing list in the footer at the bottom of the page. Hop to see you!
- Working on the domain and hosting move.
- Drawing, cleaning up, and uploading.
- Working on our Kickstarter campaign and hope to launch it in March.
- Scanning my black & white preliminaries for coloring books. I’ll be using them for Kickstarter swag as well as offering them on Etsy.
- A fun little book called “Ganomies” (working title) will be launching as a fundraiser.
- Chel and I are also making some of our favorite cards into greeting cards and small prints to sustain OUaC production as well. I’ll post them on Etsy when they are available.
- The prototypes for deck no. 1 of my fun little Totem Decks are all gone, except for my own personal copies. The next step is to put the project on Kickstarter and raise the $1,000 needed to create 100 decks. We have a printer, all we need now is the funding. My “Doodle-bet” greeting cards based on the deck have done really well.
- Designing deck no. 2 with all new creatures as well as other themed decks.
- All coloring zines will be released digitally for instant download in editions of 100.
- The Mandala Coloring Zine for Relaxation is in the shop here.
- What I Carry with Me (my personal favorite) is completely hand-lettered and available here.
- If you live in or near the Fort Myers, Florida area you can purchase my work at PJBoox. There is an entire display rack of goodies ranging from
- All occasion and seasonal cards are being posted to Etsy as they are created.
- New card lines are being reworked from old designs or started anew:
- Red Hat Rumpus
- Zen Flowers
- Plushie Portraits
- Coffee, Tea, and Me
- Journaling series
Bookish Projects as of 0205.16
*Updates and process shots of these can be found on my Instagram above.
- “The Owl and the Mermaid” (TOATM) is in its final stages. I have finished the illustrations, revamped the cover, and am working out the final color details. I am fundraising for the promotional bookmarks; if you would like to contribute, please drop me a note. You can read more about the project here.
- “A Cat Named Pillow” and “A Dog Named Socks” will be the next books out of the gate mid-2016. I’ve finished the stories and storyboards for both of them and look forward to completing the illustrations in the coming weeks. Both books will have products available via Etsy and Spoonflower.
- “The Shawl Monster” has been storyboarded and I am particularly excited about this one. My daughter will be illustrating it! To my awe, she has expertly put to paper the physical manifestations of the exact illustrations in my head and has added her own unique vision to it.
- I’ve sketched out the components for several mini books that I am laying out. I’ll be doing a test print, then offering them up on Etsy. One of them may become an interactive storybook if I can reverse-engineer how to make one from the animation.
- My grandmother lived to be 103 and her cookbook was left to me. Her cookbook is being made into a cookbook/scrapbook/memoir. This is a personal project, but I may share snippets on Instagram occasionally and, if it is offered to the public, would be offered as a fundraiser for Hospice.
- My aunt passed last year and we discovered a stack of old 1930/40s style fashion drawings from her time at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. A real treat that surprised all of us. I am in the process of compiling and scanning everything and, with my cousins’ permission, will be making them into a book benefitting the American Heart Association. Either way, I will be posting photos of some of what we found.
- Inspired by a playful tease my friend/ex-husband used to tell our daughter, our snarky little version of “This Little Piggie” is going to be released as an adult board book. I have found a printer, though will most likely turn it into an animated short.
- “Scarecrow’s New Hat” is evolving. I reworked the story and most of the storyboards are done. The goal is to release it by Fall 2016.
- “Clementine’s Garden” will be making its first real appearance on the front cover of the Sustainability issue of Kraft Paper Muse. My daughter and I are hoping to play with the veggies a bit and make them into jewelry for Etsy and plushies for Spoonflower. I’ll post a link as soon as it is all up. I’ve also bought the domain and will be posting behind-the-scenes. An app is in the planning and dreaming stages.
- I released a doodle-strated insect haiku book at the end of 2012 that I will be revisiting. I’m going to turn it into an illustrated chapbook, something I’ve been wanting to do for a while and was recently inspired to play with again after seeing more of my friend Aijung Kim’s work here.
- “I Have a Glass” is a memoir-style art therapy book, and will include templates and patterns for various projects that I have developed over the years as well as new ones. This is a very personal project and probably one of the hardest I’ve been compelled to write.
Various and Asundry News
- I’ve been playing on and off with some designs for rubber stamps, Gumtree lurking in the back of my brain. I’ll let you know* if any escape.
- Both the Pink@Heart project and Art for Cures have been closed.
Textiles, love them. I’ve always wanted to design them and if you feel the same way and have not checked out Spoonflower you are missing out. I’m making some of my more popular designs into textiles and have started submitting work to their weekly contests. Some of these designs are also being made into rubber stamps for my own personal use, though some* may escape.
Setting up shop on Zazzle over the course of the next week or two. I’ll announce launch when it’s done. I’m really looking forward to designing the knitted throw blankets!
More as we move forward…