The following are the rules agreed on for the Once Upon a Cause challenge. The challenge is not currently open for other participants, but this may change in future so please check back often.
- Challenges are “fairy tale” themed.
- There is only one theme in play at a time.
- Each challenge will run as a three (3) month season:
January to March – unicorns
April to June – gnomes!
July to September – robots
October to December – yetis!
- All pieces will be made during the Monday through Friday work week; weekends off.
- Everything must be handmade.
- Though various mediums are allowed, all pieces will be two-dimensional ATCs.
- All pieces will be family-friendly.
- Everything will be scanned and photographed to be included in a small book after each season.
- Each season will produce a total of 26 cards which will be presented for voting to narrow it down to 13 cards that will be doubled into a 26-card Concentration game playing card deck.
- After the first season, Chelsae and I will launch the project on Kickstarter (if accepted) to create the Concentration game decks with the intention of distributing them to children’s charities, like Autism Speaks and the Dragonfly Foundation, as well as children’s hospitals and local organizations.