Your Roman Holiday, May 2014
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”
– Saint Augustine
May . 2014. Rome. Private tour group.
Day 5 will be our SketchCrawl and/or Free Day.
My husband Val and I are leading a group with EF Tours next year and we have seats just waiting for you! This is a once in a lifetime journey and I cannot wait to share it with you.
This City Stay: Rome tour is no longer offered to the public, but we can and are running this through EF as a private tour. At this time, we will not be offering the two-day extension into Venice, but we may revisit that idea later.
Here are the facts:
- Open to adults and college students over the age of 21. Easier if we want to do a wine tour.
- Round-trip flights.
- Land transportation.
- Hotels with private bathrooms.
- Light breakfast daily and two (2) local dinners.
- A full-time native EF Tour Director.
- Entry to the following: the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica.
- One (1) experiential learning activity. (part of EF)
- Sightseeing tours of Rome and Vatican City.
EXTRAS ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU GO WITH US
Traveling with an artist has its advantages. Come with us to Rome and you will also get these goodies:
- A handmade bag full of goodies from me INCLUDING a handmade journal with info sheets about our trip, places to keep notes and things you collect along the way, as well as…well, more surprises.
- A one-day SketchCrawl event where we can meet up with other artists who live in Rome. You will get to study the architecture, the people, and maybe even be included in our magazine‘s Drawn Butter column if you sketch your food! We will be setting this event up through their forum.
- Basic curricula in Art, Architecture, and Roman Culture.
- Basic language lessons from Val in Italian. Val is developing some basic lessons to get you started before the trip that we can all practice. We’ll set up a private email group once we get people registered.
- Your own personal Latin translator. Rome is covered in Latin phrases and Val will help you learn how to read them.
YOUR GROUP LEADERS
A husband-and-wife team with passions for travel, Italian culture, food and wine, this will be our second trip to Europe and promises to be a trip full of awe, wonder, and fun. I cannot tell you how excited we are about this trip. Here, get to know us a little better…
Ana Maria Selvaggio (me)
An illustrator, writer, and avid journaler, I hold a Creative Writing MFA, as well as a graduate certificate in Educational Media Design & Technology. Previously an Architectural Design major, my influence for the trip will focus on the Art and Architecture of the city of Rome. We will be sketching, taking photos, eating, and soaking in all the sights and sounds of the city. We will be both tourists and explorers as we go off the beaten paths to experience Rome in the most magical ways possible.
Val Michael Selvaggio
Fluent in both Classical Latin and (soon-to-be) Italian, Val holds a Masters degree in Curriculum Design & Instruction. K-12 Certified in Latin, and an avid student of Roman Culture for most of his life, Val dreams in Italian. He’s fun, lively, and has a real passion for Italy and Rome.
(Val writes me poetry in Latin, so to say he has a passion for the language is an understatement.)
We can take more than 14, but we are choosing to keep the group small, cozy, and interactive. Just think, dinners by candle and moonlight with the sounds of the city around us. And stars! Chatting over meals, sharing the day’s finds, looking over sketchbooks, making art and eating some of the best food in the world…and gelato!
HOW DO YOU GET IN ON IT?
Register here: http://www.EFCollegeStudyTours.com/1358003
Please note: Day 5 will be our SketchCrawl and/or Free Day.
If you want in on the trip, you can register directly through the link above. If you have any questions, contact me (Ria) via email at ria dot selvaggio at gmail dot com and I will connect you with our rep at EF Tours.
WHEN YOU SETUP YOUR ACCOUNT IT LOCKS IN THE PRICE.
We get a 200.00 discount if we register before Feb 28th, 2013.
The price for this tour will increase as we get closer to the tour dates. For anyone who has traveled, you know this price is a good one.
I CAN’T AFFORD IT. YOU CAN’T AFFORD NOT TO.
I have spent my whole life wanting to travel, to see the world before someone pushes a button somewhere and blows it all up for good. I got tired of saying “someday” and I am making it happen. After hosting a student from Hong Kong last year, and getting more involved with EF Homestay Programs, my family and I were bitten seriously hard by the longing to travel. I always said I couldn’t afford it but, honestly, I can’t afford not to.
I had priced around and was amazed at how doable this was. For everything I just told you about, AS OF THIS POST your total cost is less than 3600.00 per adult. Students are slightly less. That’s everything except a few meals and spending money! For a week in Rome? Priceless.
THE PRICE WILL INCREASE THOUGH! We have to make sure we jump in while we can and get our payment schedules set up. They can auto-debit it out of our bank accounts monthly and, before we know it, we’re on a plane to Rome!
I will try to post updates as the price increases. It is my hope that you make “someday” happen now though.
This video is of their normal tours where they combine groups. WE WILL NOT BE COMBINING OUR GROUP. We are running this with EF as a private tour group so it will be JUST US AND YOU. Everything else is the same, except day 5 on the itinerary is a free day.
Come join us!