Art Book Fundraiser for Sophia Tavolacci
UPDATE 1117.09: After some consideration, I am extending the deadline to November 30th for submissions. I got an email from Sophia’s mother earlier today and she said that she had gotten a positive response for the project.
Sophia isn’t giving up. Neither am I.
We did not get the number of submissions I had hoped for, too few for a large book. Many thanks to those creatives who have sent in work so far. Please help me spread the word. We need more creatives!
– – –
My girlfriend Julee forwarded information to me about this precious little girl because I run Art for Cures. As a mother, my own little girl is 8, I cannot imagine what Sophia’s mother is going through. Please help in any way that you can…
YOU KEEP THE RIGHTS TO YOUR WORK. ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE CREDITED. 90% OF THE PROCEEDS GO TO SOPHIA’S FAMILY. 10% GOES TO THE APLASTIC ANEMIA & MDS FOUNDATION. THIS IS FOR AN ART BOOK FUNDRAISER ON BLURB. NO MONEY REQUIRED, JUST DONATE ONE HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGE, ART OR PHOTOGRAPHY (specs below). THANK YOU!
Sophia Tavolacci is 2 ½ yrs old and was diagnosed with severe Aplastic Anemia.
This is a rare life threatening disease. Her mother is leading fundraising efforts toward the only option to save her life. Her mother would have to have a special procedure to have an HLA identical sibling so that Sophia can get a bone marrow transplant from her sibling. This procedure will save her life. Insurance covers a little but not everything, so they need a LOT of help. See comment below for links to more information on Aplastic Anemia and the procedure.
Please support this family and come out to her fundraiser this Sunday the 8th if you are local to them in Woodside, NY; details on their site. You can read her story and find more information here:
Every little bit helps! If you cannot donate financially, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If you can donate the proceeds of an original piece of artwork or something in your Etsy shop, etc that you could sell on her behalf it would help. They really need this! I know times are tough, they are for all of us, but imagine if this were someone you loved. How important would it be to you to help?
THE ART BOOK
One image is all it takes.
DEADLINE THIS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30th
I am using the 10″x8″ standard landscape template on Blurb, here are the specs if you need them…
@ 300dpi = optimal image size is 2888px x 2475px
I will make your images work but minimum 300dpi is requested for them to look good and work well.
I have the Blurb software which is plug-in-and-go easy so we can do this fast and help them raise money. Please please please email me directly at email@example.com and include one high resolution image (no need to crop, I will) with your name as you would like it to appear and one link or your email for credit. By submitting your artwork you are giving me permission as Art for Cures to use the image in all promotional aspects for fundraising for this family and to help sell the book.
If the image is not appropriate for the book I will contact you to find a replacement. I am reserving the right to decline submissions if they are inappropriate.
All proceeds will go directly to Sophia’s family via Art for Cures and you will get credit for your work, mentions in the book and on the site(s), etc. You retain all rights to your work. Please help.
Any positive images that represent love, hope, compassion, caring, mother and female child, angels…keep it light, happy, hopeful. If you would like to send loving thoughts to them directly please check out Sophia’s mother’s journal on the site above.
ADDENDUM: I am looking for someone that would be willing to purchase a copy of the final book for Sophia’s mother. I am not getting anything out of this monetarily, and probably won’t even be able to buy my own copy, so I need someone willing to step up and help with a copy for Sophia’s mother. If you would like to help, please email me. I will include you in the thank yous on my site(s).
UPDATE 1105.09: Spoke to a representative of the Aplastic Anemia & MDS Foundation today. As a “personal fundraiser” they are not allowed to help publicize things BUT I suggested we could make a donation and their rep said donating 10% to AAMDS would get the project on their site. WOOT The other 90% goes to Sophia’s family; I spoke to Sophia’s mom and they are excited at the possibilities…
Now we just have to fill the book up so COME DONATE IMAGES!
And the official name of the project is now “Hope: The Sophia Project”.